It is really important for WordPress uses to upgrade the WordPress version they are using. Failure to do so may result to problems due to vulnerabilities such as hacking or malware injection. If you haven’t upgraded your WP version to WordPress 3.3.2 then you better do it now!
It is a maintenance and security update which aims to strengthen WP and database security from outside attack. Here’s a brief summary of this update:
Three external libraries included in WordPress received security updates:
- Plupload (version 1.5.4), which WordPress uses for uploading media.
- SWFUpload, which WordPress previously used for uploading media, and may still be in use by plugins.
- SWFObject, which WordPress previously used to embed Flash content, and may still be in use by plugins and themes.
WordPress 3.3.2 also addresses:
- Limited privilege escalation where a site administrator could deactivate network-wide plugins when running a WordPress network under particular circumstances.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerability when making URLs clickable.
- Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in redirects after posting comments in older browsers, and when filtering URLs.